A. Tyre Selection
What Is My Tyre Size?
The tyre size can be read off from the sidewall of your tyres.
It would be a string of numbers looking like 205/55R16.
What Tyre Design Is Better For My Vehicle?
This will depend greatly on your driving style and personal preference. Tyrepac provides a brief write up on each tyre on the website. You may also read up on reviews posted by consumers to get a clearer indication.The general guideline for choosing of tyre patterns are:
B. MIXED TYRE
C. TECHNICAL INFORMATION
What are the basic tyre information we should know?
- Tyre brand name
- Pattern or model code
- Tyre size
- Service description (Load index & Speed symbol)
- ECE or EEC type approval number**
- ECE noise approval
- North American recall code
- Date of manufacture code
- UTQG quality rating
- Maximum permitted load (USA)
- Maximum permitted inflation pressure (USA)
- Denotes tubeless construction
- Safety warning
- Direction of rotation (Directional or Composite tyres)
- Rim fitment instruction (Asymmetrical or Composite tyres)
- Denotes extra load tyre construction
- Denotes reinforced tyre construction
- Position of tread wear indicators.
**(C & U regulations stipulate all tyres used in the UK must carry an E number)